Jun 9, 2010

Taj Beginnings Shoot - Sunshine Coast & Brisbane Portrait Photographer

So here is the full post on Baby Taj. All I can say is I had trouble limiting it to this many photos, he was so photogenic and was just the perfect baby and allowed me the oppurtunity to try out some new lighting techniques and props. This photoshoot was done at his home with mummy, daddy and big brother Kai which is something I do for "Beginnings" shoots as they are done so close to birth and take hours! I bring a car load of props, lighting, backdrops etc. and go to town - I warn people it will look like I am moving in! When at the end of the day I get back to my computer and images like this tumble out everyone agrees it was worth it. They are only this tiny for so short a time and before you know it they are celebrating their fourth birthday and you are crying to a stranger at your child's kindy and wondering where your baby went!


The first two images are a custom designed Birth Annoucement (front and back) these are such a beautiful idea and I can personalise them to suit with colours, text, poems, swirls, photos (anything you can think off I will do - within reason!). Actually I love them so much I will give the next person who books a "Beginnings Shoot" 20 FREE Birth Annoucements. Just mention this post!


His beautiful parents (I adore this image)


This is Taj and his big bro Kai (below). This is my favourite image only because I know how much work went into actually getting it. Working with children (especially toddlers) is hard, it requires A LOT of patience, bribery, begging, pleading, some tears (mine & the parents) and ultimately perfect timing. I love it for 2 reasons firstly it is not your normal sibling portrait and secondly Kai's expression while not happy takes my breath away. It is capturing a moment like this that makes all the hard work worthwhile!




No comments: